“The correct salad ingredients will help in weight loss and make your meal healthy with required fat and proteins,” says Peter J Salzano, an eminent food connoisseur and a food blogger.
Generally, the weight loss salad prepared with expert advice isn’t big enough to keep them full. Moreover, having just one or two types of greens in your weight loss salad is not the right salad for you. Instead, you should focus on cutting down the calories from your heavy meal and replace the meal with a healthy salad.
Here are a few important points shared by Peter J Salano on “How to prepare a healthy salad for weight loss.”
- Choose Different Greens for Your Salad
The best greens are the leafy greens. Spring greens that you can add to your salad are spinach, chard, watercress, arugula, mustard greens and beet greens.
Whereas other low-calorie greens can be nape cabbage, cucumber, celery, radishes, mushrooms, tomato, etc.
- Make Your Salad Colorful
There is a wide range of colours when it comes to healthy vegetables for your weight loss salad.
- Red for tomato, red onions, red peppers, red potato, sliced radishes, etc.
- Orange for carrots, sweet potato, orange tomato, etc
- Blue or purple for purple cabbage, eggplant, purple peppers, etc
- Yellow and White for fresh corn, cubed jicama, cauliflower, white asparagus, diced sweet onion etc.
- Veggies in green you all are already aware of.
- Add Healthy Fats to Your Salad
Nuts are the best addition of fat to your salad. Whereas some other healthy sources of fats are seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds. Avocado, olives and olive oil can also be considered.
- Add Herbs and Proteins in Your Salad
Source of protein can be meat, seafood and grains whereas herbs that you can add to your weight loss salad are Chives, Cilantro, Dill, Basil, Chervil, Thyme, etc.
These are some suggestions by Peter J Salzano to make a healthy weight loss salad. Adding different greens to your diet is a must even if you are not so fond of salads.